21 Jul 10 Ways to achieve a more luxurious landscape for your home
How to make your home landscaping look more luxurious
Your home’s landscaping is a grand display of your personal style. With so many different “aesthetics” and “inspo pics” floating around these days it can be really hard to know which changes to make to achieve that luxurious modern look you are going for. If you are interested in how to take your home to the next level follow these 10 tips from the experts here at Design Works.
- Define your theme. In order to promote an elegant look its important to understand what look exactly you are going for. Popular themes include japanese style, garden, modern, Mediterranean and tropical. We recommend putting together a Pinterest board that helps you better understand what kinds of colors and tone you are going for.
- Add Stone. Nothing says “I’ve got it together” like a gorgeously custom paved driveway or a hand crafted retaining wall. Stone is the perfect way to tie together sections of your landscaping into a put together showcase of your own personal style. We recommend stone in cool gray tones to create a modern and sophisticated look.
- Well placed plantings. A home without plantings is not only negative towards the environment but it also is a bit dry. To spruce things up with class and style we recommend beautiful focal points for your home like a Japanese maple or well pruned bushes to section and shape your homes natural curves.
- Outdoor kitchen. I think everyone thinks of outdoor kitchens when they think of luxury and landscaping. There is nothing quite like a summer night spent at your own personal bar preparing meals for your family to enjoy. We love the look of a stone countertop to compliment a beautifully sectioned patio.
- Lighting. Lighting is an important part of any atmosphere, especially outdoors. If you are looking to create a warm and welcoming space, use low warm yellow lighting to give the effect of a magical getaway. For crisp and more modern homes, warm white is a great addition without the harshness that cold white lighting can bring. With so many options nowadays we are sure you can find the perfect lighting for your yard and style.
- Water features. There is something so captivating about a water feature in any outdoor space, but imagine what it could do for your home? If you cant afford to go all out with a new pool reno but still want to add an element of elegance to your home with a water feature, we recommend a fountain or pond. We have even created a mini stream in homeowners backyards to promote serenity in their outdoor space.
- Garden Art and Sculptures. Incorporate tasteful garden art and sculptures to elevate the aesthetic appeal of your landscaping. Choose pieces that complement your theme and add a sense of elegance for example, a beautiful bird bath or wind chime sculpture.
- Regular Maintenance. Keep your outdoor landscaping well-maintained throughout the year. Prune plants, trim bushes, and remove weeds regularly to keep the space looking polished and inviting.
- Fire Features. Install a fire pit or an outdoor fireplace to add warmth and a cozy atmosphere. Fire features are not only functional but also add an element of luxury and elegance to your outdoor space.
- Privacy and Screening. Enhance your outdoor experience by adding privacy elements like tall hedges, decorative fences, or pergolas with climbing plants. Privacy screens can make your outdoor space feel more exclusive and secluded.
If you follow these tips, you will definitely be able to achieve the elegant and luxurious look you are going for. If you still feel like you need help designing features for your home, give us a call or go to our contact page to see about speaking with one of our designers. We pride ourselves in working with many high end clientele to provide the elegant look a lot of NH residents are looking to achieve within their own landscaping.